Let’s talk frankly about the skin and why you need to defend it. Even though we all have the best intentions to take good care of our skin, our environment and lifestyle are wreaking havoc on our skin. You are probably wondering why your skin is not in, or close to, the best state. Read on to learn more and how you can defend your skin.
- Modern Living The detriments of modern living take their toll on the way we look and feel. Our bodies are under constant attack from the sun, pollutants, stress, fast foods and the fast pace of life. The by-products of this manifest within the body as rogue molecules, known as free radicals. These attack the skin, accelerate ageing and interfere with the proper functioning of our organs.
- Stub It Out Aside from the serious health implications of smoking, it plays havoc with the skin. Smoking half a packet of cigarettes a day over two years can double the rate of premature facial wrinkling. Ease withdrawal symptoms when giving up with a high-potency vitamin B complex supplement.
- Pollution Perils Breathing heavily polluted air poses similar risks to smoking 10 cigarettes a day. Neutralise inhaled pollutants with antioxidant vitamin supplements.
- Alcohol Intake Drinking a glass of red wine each day is reputed to benefit the heart and cardiovascular system due to its antioxidant properties, but excessive consumption of alcohol is detrimental to health. Alcohol dehydrates the body, causing premature ageing, and also depletes supplies of vital nutrients from it. Limit your intake.
- Caffeine Control Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate and cola-based drinks. If you drink more than four cups of coffee or eight cups of tea each day, cut down. Otherwise, you could suffer from high blood pressure, irregular breathing and digestive problems, which will determine how you look and feel.
- Atmospheric Moisture Airconditioning and central heating rob essential moisture from the skin. Use ionisers and humidifiers indoors to keep the atmospheric moisture levels up or place a bowl of water near radiators.
Our skin needs help. Enter in the Eumora Shea Butter, packed with HMA (Hydration MicroAlgae), Moor Clay and Shea Butter to replenish and fortify your natural skin barrier. The high proportion of humic acid and other humus substances enables the Moor to draw out toxic substances trapped in the tissues and keep your everyday skin healthy.