Moisture is the most important requirement for aging skin. You need to think of hydrating and moisturizing your skin more than absorbing the oil or using drying cleansers. The other important step to improve your aging skin is to exfoliate your skin in order to remove the top layer of dead skin cells.
As fine lines and wrinkles pop up over time, we tend to look to commercial cleansers and creams, but most people are still very concerned with the cost and ingredients used. How about making your own natural homemade cleansers, original and suitable for your skin type? You will save money on commercial products and know that they cost you next to nothing to make! Here’s how:
- Moisturizing Cream with Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (use Greek style yogurt if you want a thicker cream, and full fat if you want extra moisture)
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- Use a fork or whisk and mix all the ingredients together well.
- Gently rub the cream in after spreading it evenly over your face.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Sugar Exfoliant
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon plain yogurt (use full-fat yogurt if you want to increase the moisturizing effect)
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet almond oil (increase the oil if you need more moisturizer)
- Use warm water to splash your face and water.
- Rub about 1 teaspoon of the exfoliant into the skin of your face and neck in a circular motion. Avoid the eyes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse well.
- Fruit Salad Facial
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- 1 fresh strawberry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ripe banana
- Enough whole milk or cream to make into a creamy consistency.
Make sure that your skin is clean and dry before applying this thick cream on.
Let it sit for approximately 10 minutes.
Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
For all of these recipes, do pat your skin dry gently, and not rub with a towel. Also remember that these recipes should be stored and handled like fresh food. Unused portions should be refrigerated and discarded within one week.
These natural homemade cleansers have many benefits. Apart from being cheaper than commercial products, fresh foods provide active ingredients that your skin can use right away.
Do you have other DIY anti-aging cleanser recipes that work? Share them in the comments!